IIIT Allahabad invites the applications from SC, ST, OBC (NCL) and Persons with Disabilities (VH, OH, HH) under special recruitment drive from Indian nationals, for the following positions in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering and Department of Information Technology.
- Department of Information Technology:
Cyber Law and Information Security.
Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems.
Human Computer Interaction.
Robotics and Machine Intelligence.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Digital Signal Processing.
Mixed Signal Design.
Digital System Design.
- Assistant Professor Grade-II- (For 3 Years Contract): Ph.D. with 1 year of post Ph.D. experience
- Assistant Professor Grade-I: Ph.D. with 3 years of post Ph.D. experience OR 6 years of total experience (not counting Ph.D. enrollment period) after obtaining appropriate Masters degree – M.Tech. or equivalent degree.
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via this page.
- After Screening, the screened in candidates shall be invited for presentation in person or online mode. To and fro fare upto AC 3 tier by the shortest route (only for travel within India) will be paid by the institute on production of tickets. Tatkal charges and local travel charges shall not be reimbursed. Accommodation will be Provided in institute’s vistors’ hostel at institute subsidized rate.
- Candidates recommended after presentation shall be invited for the interview before the Statutory Selection Committee. TA/Accommodation in visitor’s hostel shall again be provided by the institute. (No candidate can directly appear before the statutory selection committees.)
- Based on the recommendations of the statutory selection committee and approval of the Board of Governors, appointment letters shall be issued.
- Incomplete/ partially filled application forms will not be considered.The decision of the Institute authorities in such cases will be final.
- Separate sheet, if required, may be attached along with application. .
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill or withdraw any or all the posts advertised.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Applications sent through email/FAX will not be considered.
- Short listing criteria for calling for interview may be fixed higher than the advertisement subject to the number of the application received.
- A candidate applying for a post can be called for interview for lower post also, if Committee recommends so.
- Mere eligibility will not be entitled any candidate for being called for any part of selection process.
- Applicants who are employed in Government or Semi-Government Organizations should apply through proper channel or produce a “No Obejection Certificate” from their employer at the time of seminar/interview.
- No information will be sent to those candidates who are not shortlisted for Interview. It is expected that the entire selection process will be over with in six months of the issue of the advertisement
- Candidates may apply in more than one department by repeating the online application process.
- IIIT Allahabad makes every attempt to help faculty members settle in their academic role and to grow professionally. The Assistant Professors (on contract) get all the benefits as for regular faculty members. These include:
- Contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), HRA, LTC, medical re-imbursement, transportation allowance, education allowance for children etc. will be admissible as per the Institute Rules.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance of Rs. 3 Lakhs for every block period of 3 years is available to every member of the faculty to meet the expenses for participating in both national and international conferences, paying the membership fees of various professional bodies, books and periodicals and contingent expenses, as well as for other professional development activities.
- Reimbursement of telephone bills up to a ceiling of Rs.750/-per month.
- Besides pay, the post carries allowances according to the Institute rules which at present correspond to those admissible to the Central Government employees stationed at Prayagraj.