Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur invites application for Faculty Positions (Visiting & Temporary) India from eligible candidates in various departments for the year 2020.
Temporary Post: The candidate should have a bright academic background having a Ph.D degree with first class (minimum 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale) at both Bachelor’s and Master’s level in the relevant discipline. Preferences will be given to candidates having outstanding academic records, publications, patents, industrial experiences, post-doctoral / UG-PG teaching/research experiences etc. The age of the candidate must not exceed 60 years as on 10th August, 2020.
Visiting Post: A senior faculty member/retired faculty member of a reputed Academic Institute/ University having a PhD degree with more than 15 years of teaching and research experience; A senior scientist/ retired scientist of a Research Organization having a PhD degree with more than 15 years of research experience; c) A senior expert from Industry with Master’s Degree and more than 20 years of industrial experience, is eligible for the Visiting Faculty position. The age of the candidate must not exceed 68 years as on 10th August, 2020.
- Department of Electrical Engineering: Number of Temporary Faculty: 05 and number of Visiting Faculty: 03
Specialization: Control System, Instrumentation, Power System, Energy System, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Illumination engineering.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering: Number of Temporary Faculty: 02, Number of Visiting Faculty: 02
Specialization: Manufacturing, Production, Machine Design, Thermal Science
- Department of Civil Engineering: Number of Temporary / Visiting Faculty: 03
Specialization: Structural Engg / Geotechnical Eng. /Transportation Eng, / Environmental Eng. /Water Resources Eng.
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering: Number of Temporary/ Visiting Faculty: 05
Specialization: Communication Engineering and Signal Processing/Data Communication and Computer Network – 2 Microelectronics and VLSI Design – 2 Microwave Engineering – 1.
- Department of Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mechanics: Number of Temporary Faculty: 03 Number of Visiting Faculty: 01
Specialization: Applied Mechanics / Mechanical / Civil / Aerospace Structures
- Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering: Number of Temporary Faculty: 01 Number of Visiting Faculty: 01
Specialization: Processing and Characterization of Materials, Process Metallurgy.
- Department of Mining Engineering: Number of Temporary Faculty: 04
Specialization: Geoinformatics – 02 (Masters in Geography/Geology/ Earth Science or M.Tech in Geoinformatics and PhD. in application of GIS and Remote Sensing. Teaching Experience: Minimum 3 years in teaching GIS and Remote Sensing would be preferred).
Mining Engineering – 02 (B.Tech/M. Tech degree in Mining Engineering and PhD in Mining Engineering or considerable field experience in mines).
- Department of Earth Sciences: Number of Temporary / Visiting Faculty: 02
Specialization: Geophysics, Ore Geology
- Department of Physics: Number of Visiting Faculty: 01
Specialization: Condensed Matter Physics
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences: Number of Temporary Faculty: 04
Specialization: Economics – 2, Management – 1 and Sociology – 1
- Centre for Healthcare Science and Technology: Number of Temporary Faculty: 02 and Number of Visiting Faculty: 01
Specialization: Biomedical, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Engineering with expertise in biomaterials, Medical Devices and Instruments, Biomedical Optics and Imaging, Cell Biology, Biomechanics, Regenerative Medicine, Bioinformatics.
- School of Community Science and Technology: Number of Temporary Faculty: 01
Specialization: Food and Nutrition
- M.N. Dastur School of Materials Science and Engineering: Number of Temporary Faculty: 01 and Number of Visiting Faculty: 02
Specialization: Materials Science and Technology
- Center of Excellence for Green Energy and Sensor Systems: Number of Temporary Faculty: 01 and Number of Visiting Faculty: 01
Specialization: Wind power and Biomass energy Technology, Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant Design.
- School of Mechatronics and Robotics: Number of Temporary Faculty: 02
Specialization: Control Systems, Automation and Robotics
- School of Management Sciences: Number of Temporary Faculty: 06
Specialization: Marketing, Human Resource, Operations Management, Accounting and Finance, Business Analytics and Quantitative Techniques, General Management.
Number of Visiting Faculty: 01
Specialization: Business Policy and Strategic Management
How to apply?
Online portal for the same will open on official website from 28 July 2020. The last date of application submission is 10 August 2020.
- The remuneration of the temporary faculty shall be a fixed consolidated amount of Rs.50,000.00 per month with no other allowances.
- The remuneration of a visiting faculty shall be a fixed consolidated amount of Rs.75,000.00 per month with no other allowances.