Applications are invited for Executive Associate to the Senior Director at Teach for India for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Teach for India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country.
These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 900 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Experience of having planned and executed complex projects with multiple priorities in a college or work setting
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Experiences of having taken initiative in the past
- Previous experience in teaching/education would be an added advantage (not mandatory)
The Executive Associate to the Senior Director will be responsible for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Senior Director (who leads one of our four clusters) in order to maximize the impact of that cluster towards our organizational goals. The Executive Associate will be responsible for goals across two big buckets:
As an Executive Associate to the Senior Director
- Managing the SD’s priorities and time through effective calendaring, curating external opportunities to speak and advocate, time analysis and constant progress updates
- Managing agenda, scheduling and coordination and travel plans for events, meetings and conversations for the SD
- Researching and synthesising (through documentation and decks) in preparation for meetings, conferences and presentations
- Composing first drafts of written and verbal communication to various stakeholders, many of which will be highly sensitive and confidential
- Owning the detailed, timely follow up for all the SD’s engagements including pulling learnings, trends and patterns
- Assisting in putting together large amounts of data for decision making for the SD
- Once the EA has met solid outcomes in their role, they will take on a variety of short term projects to expand their knowledge and understanding of our work and the sector while having a direct impact on our organizational goals.
As an Associate at Teach For India
- Contributing to the team goals and priorities beyond individual goals and priorities
- Serving as an ambassador of the Teach For India brand and an advocate for our work and for educational equity in our country through both internal and external communication after committing time in our classrooms to understand our work more deeply
- Supporting with key organizational areas such as Recruitment, Selection, Fundraising, Volunteering, Movement Building.
You may also be interested in: