Applications are invited Dr Ambedkar Chair Professor at IIM Visakhapatnam for the year 2022. The last date of application is 8 July.
IIM Visakhapatnam (the Institute, IIMV) invites applications for the positions of Dr Ambedkar Chair Professor, on contract basis for a period of 5 years. Applicants shall have outstanding academic record and proven credentials in teaching and research in the thrust years as contained in the attachment.
- Public Policy
- As per UGC Guidelines for Professor position
- Successful track record of teaching; training; research; and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals.
- To conduct research on the present and past of the deprived people, teaching and organizing lectures, seminars, symposia, workshops, and other similar academic activities on the justice and empowerment of the weaker and oppressed section of the population.
- To engage in field research work relating to the contemporary problems and issues concerning SC/ST/Minority/Weaker Sections/Women/ Transgender etc., in addition to the table research work.
- To initiate quality research to be reflected by publications in the form of scholarly articles in the peer-reviewed journals (SCOPUS indexed, UGC-CARE and/or the Institute list) and books/book chapters (published through peer-review) by the Chairs as mentioned in the scheme.
- To supervise doctoral students in research in accordance with the thrust areas of the Chair.
- To submit a research proposal(s) in the prescribed format for procuring research funds which will be evaluated and selected for funding by the Foundation’s Research Appraisal Committee.
- To design and execute short-term awareness and capacity-building programmes for higher education teachers focused on the objectives, including thrust areas of the Chair.
- To coordinate and to provide a think tank on the thrust areas of the Chair, drawing expertise and inputs from academic experts from other sectors like Government and other National/ International NGOs.
- To provide a forum for research policy level dialogues, discussion meetings, summer/winter institutes, involving other universities/ institutions/ government agencies/non-government agencies.
- To participate in the teaching and Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
- To publish the proceedings of the lectures/seminars/symposia organized by the Chair.
- To maintain its dedicated and separate website to upload all research outputs and
other activities regularly. Link to be provided from the Institute for linking it through
the DAF website
Indicative thrust areas for research identified by the Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam, for Dr Ambedkar Chair Professor and Assistant Professor positions are follows:
- Equitable Development and Growth: The research focus will be to understand the institutions, policies, the economic development process, programs and real-life outcomes with particular reference to marginalized communities in India. Using theories of political economy of development, Development economics and Public economics, the incumbents may investigate the Health, Education and Labour outcomes of marginalized communities. Emphasis on Gender economics and inclusion is encouraged.
- Financial Inclusion and Equity: The research focus will be to understand the access to banking and credit for the marginalized communities. The research by the incumbents may accordingly explore the landscape of rural banking and microfinance and their role in social mobility and empowerment.
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only, available on the website (www.iimv.ac.in/careers). Applications not conforming to the format are liable to be rejected.
Certificate in the prescribed format, issued by the Competent Authority clearly showing the category (OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PwD) to which the applicant belongs MUST be attached with the application, if applicable. In case of OBC, the certificate should mention clearly that the candidate does not belong to Creamy Layer. The Certificate should be current and valid as on the closing date for receipt of applications. Without such proof, the application will not be considered.
Scanned copies of the completely filled-in and signed application form (in Word and PDF format), along with Category Certificate (only) should be sent through e-mail on dacrecruit[at]iimv.ac.in.
Hard copy of the application, as submitted by mail, with all pages along with additional sheets/annexures (forming part of the application) and the Category Certificate duly signed (self-attested), should be sent by Speed Post/Courier to the address given below, on or before the closing date for submitting applications.
The envelope cover containing the hard copy of the application form should be labelled as: “Employment Notification No.: IIMV/HR/R/DAC/CP/1/2022 DATED 8 June, 2022”.
Closing date for receiving the applications (both soft and hard copies) is 08- July-2022, 17:00 Hrs.
You may also be interested in: