Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following positions purely on temporary and contractual basis.
No. of Posts
Minimum Educational Qualifications & Experience
- Ph.D. in Mathematics / Physics / Computer Science / Electrical engineering / Computational chemistry / related areas.
- 0-5 years of experience after the submission of PhD thesis
Candidates having a background in data science, machine learning or artificial intelligence will be preferred. Candidates should provide evidence of having carried out high quality research.
Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and availability of funds
- Rs. 50,000/- per month
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- till the time of submission of Provisional PhD certificate.
- PDF: Not more than 35 years as on closing date of advertisement
- SRF: Not more than 32 years as on closing date of advertisement.
How to Apply?
Candidates may apply by sending email to postdocapplications[at]iiserpune.ac.in on or before February 03, 2020, along with the following documents:
- A covering letter that mentions the faculty with whom you would like to work.
- A detailed academic CV including a complete list of publications.
- A statement of research interests (Research Proposal): Submit a short research proposal not exceeding 2-3 pages (excluding bibliography and figures). Please consult the project proposals being offered <here>. The statement should develop one of these project ideas further by developing potential strategies, and address the specific methodology likely to be useful. If you wish to consult the relevant faculty before finalizing the proposal, you are welcome to do so.