The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain close liaison with District Administration, government departments & NGOs;
- Promote self-reliant Youth Clubs;
- Identify training needs of Youth club functionaries and organize training programmes;
- Assess needs and problems of various sections of youth in the district;
- Prepare Annual Action plan of programmes and activities;
- Ensure proper implementation of programmes and activities as per the Annual Action Plan;
- Assist Youth Clubs/NGOs in the formulation of project proposals under Schemes of Financial Assistance of Central Government Departments/Agencies;
- Prepare village, block and district profiles;
- Prepare and submit periodical progress reports on Annual Action plan of programmes and activities;
- Prepare and circulate documents/IEC materials for publicity/awareness of youth;
- Ensure proper maintainenace of records and reports;
- Conduct periodic meetings of District Advisory Committee (DAC) for youth programmes, National Youth Corps (NYC) Volunteers and Youth Clubs;
- Ensure proper maintenance of NYK office including personnel administration;
- Coordinate with publicity media for image building of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan;
- Any other task as assigned for NYK office in the district.
- Bachelor Degree in Political/ Development Studies or related
- minimum 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in administration and monitoring. Preferably in administration, management and monitoring of youth, volunteerism, economic and social development issues
- Good analytical skills (including writing skills), good inter-personal skills and the ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Sound coordination skills will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hindi/local language of the district.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages, (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, etc.).
- Willingness to travel
- Good Communication Skills