India HIV/AIDS Alliance invites job applications for the post of District Level Monitors for the year 2020. The District level Monitors (DLM) will be responsible for managing various training prorammes with health workers, medical colleges and health care facilities delivering HIV & SRHR services.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of all the outreach, training and linkages activities planned under the programme in Gujarat. S/he will ensure the quality of the outreach & linkages programmes through effective and innovative evaluation methods and quality control mechanisms.
One District level Monitor will represent each of the following six project implementing districts in Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar and Surat.
- Qualification/Education & Experience:
Minimum Graduation in any stream.
Post-graduation/diploma in the field of social sciences, health or development field (or equivalent) is highly desirable
At least 2 to 3 years of relevant field level project experience in health sector.
Experience working in HIV prevention programmes, including experience working with MSM/TG/FSW populations and SRHR related work
- Essential requirements:
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of development issues and the HIV epidemic(s) in India, particularly in relation to MSM/TG/FSW populations and other vulnerable populations.
Past working experiences with Targeted intervention and community networks
Preferably from the HRG (high risk group) communities
Excellent coordination skills.
Good understanding of Gujarat state health response.
Good community mobilisation skills.
Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in civil society and the government at district levels.
Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Fluent in Hindi and Gujarati
- Desirable qualities/experience/skills:
Good understanding of development issues and the HIV epidemic and SRHR work
A good understanding of legal and ethical issues around HIV/AIDS.
Exposure to SRHR programme
The following are the key responsibilities of the position:
- In close co-ordination with State Programme Manager, ensure effective implementation of the community mobilisation under the programme in respective districts.
- Responsible for planning, logistics and operational roll-out of outreach & sensitisation meetings in their respective districts.
- Supporting in developing training modules and session planning in collaboration with the State Training Officer.
- Support in conducting advocacy events and meetings in coordination with State Programme Manager in their respective districts
- Responsible for the district level coordination activities, coordination with various government units, targeted interventions, networks and medical hospitals.
- Document work on timely basis and collecting additional data / information for the project as per the guidance from State Programme Manager
- Undertake other responsibilities not outlined above which are commensurate with a role of this nature in the charitable sector and which have been discussed and agreed between the line manager and the post holder.
How to apply?
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail.