UNDP Bangalore invites job applications for the post of District Coordinators for the year 2020. The project activities will be implemented across 3 districts in the state of Karnataka viz. Bangalore Rural, Dakshin Kannada and Udupi/ Raichur.
The proposed project builds on UNDP’s experiences on youth and women empowerment globally and specifically in India, its deep engagement with the state government of Karnataka and leverages United Nations Volunteers (UNV)’s strong on-the-ground presence with 58 volunteers present across the country.
- Masters’ degree in the field of Management/ Economics/ Rural development/Social sciences and related discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
Under the overall supervision of Programme Manager, UNDP and direct guidance of the state Project Head, Project Unnati, the District Coordinator will undertake the following:
Support the Project Team in co-ordination and documentation of the following:
- Coordination with all the implementing partners / team, various departments of Government of Karnataka and other stakeholders for the effective implementation of project in the allotted districts.
- Coordination for the development of Master Trainers and Unnati Sakhis for the capacity building of SHGs and conducting rural women entrepreneurship programs.
- Facilitate to conduct EAP, EDP, mentorship programs to support women-owned microentrepreneurs.
- Build institutional linkages at district level with banks, incubator/accelerator programs, retail stores, e-commerce platforms etc. for financial and marketing linkages to women-owned microenterprises.
- Coordination in identifying schools and colleges, and training of the faculty to conduct career guidance and counselling programs.
- Facilitate to conduct digital skills, employability skill and entrepreneurship development programs for school students.