Applications are invited for filling up of the upcoming vacancies to the post of Director, one each, in National Institutes of Technology (NITs) located at Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Rourkela (Odisha), Surat (Gujarat), Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu) and Mizoram.
NITs are ‘Institutions of National Importance’ governed by the National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (NITSER) Act, 2007 (29 of 2007).
The Director, being the academic as well as administrative head, is expected to be:
- A visionary with proven leadership qualities, administrative capabilities as well as teaching and research credentials.
- Having Ph.D. degree with first class degree at Bachelor’s and Master’s level in Engineering / Technology. In case of candidates who have obtained Ph.D. directly after B.E. / B.Tech., they should have obtained 1st class at Bachelor’s level in Engineering / Technology.
- The candidate shall be an eminent person in his / her field of specialisation with an outstanding academic record throughout.
- The candidate shall have 15 years experience in Teaching / Industry / Research out of which 10 years must be at the level of Professor or above in a reputed educational Institute, Industry, Research Organisations.
- Preferably not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
Eligible/ interested persons may apply ONLINE in the prescribed application form available at this page. Online application window shall be opened from 10.04.2021 to 10.05.2021 upto 12:00 midnight. Both dates are inclusive.
Application once submitted cannot be altered/ resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particular entered by the candidate in the Online Application will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully. Therefore, please keep all data/ details ready before you start filling up the Application Online.
The downloaded/ online generated application form with duly self-attested supporting documents, such as relevant testimonials, certificates, enclosures etc. must be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the Under Secretary (NITs-I), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Room No.429 A, C – Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110115 on or before 20.05.2021, failing which, the candidature will not be considered.
“Application for the post of Director in NIT, ___________ in response to advertisement F.No.35–1/2021–TS.III”, should be super-scribed on the envelope.
- The post carries a pay of Rs. 2,10,000/- (Fixed) per month with Special Allowance of Rs. 11,250/- and other usual allowances.
- The terms and conditions of the services will be those as set forth in the Act, Statutes and Ordinances of the Institute.