NIUA invites job applications for DevOps Engineer post under NUIS Program for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Purpose of the assignment
This role will be a part of the CCSG Team in the NUIS Program at NIUA supported by MoHUA. CCSG is envisioned as an open digital platform that allows cities of all sizes to rapidly roll out and configure for local requirements a core set of municipal services, in order to improve Ease of Living and Ease of Doing Business, at a relatively lower cost per city.
This will also enable evidence-based policymaking through compilation and monitoring of urban data in standard formats. By providing a basis for co-creation of local solutions, it enables innovation and partnerships with the broader ecosystem of industry, academia, and civil society.
The CCSG team will manage the selection, piloting, and scaling of this platform, as well as the creation of enabling services, policies, guidelines, standards, and knowledge assets.
Scope of work
Assist the Senior DevOps engineer to facilitate better coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration and deployment processes. The deployment of the UAT, Production and certain other environments and supporting the secure day to day operations of these instances will be the main responsibility of this role.
Role: The DevOps Engineer has to facilitate, automate and orchestrate deployments to ensure proper release management, security and stability of the instances.
- Support the continuous integration and release process in a microservice-based cloud environment.
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools
- Design and develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Support integration scenarios with other cloud applications
- Ensure landscape availability, performance and stability (dev, pipeline, demo, live systems)
- Support demo creation for new product releases
- Investigate and evaluate new tools and DevOps technologies
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, and operability in mind.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent (BE/B.tech) required.
- Experience: 1 – 3yrs of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of computer networking fundamentals
- Experience with modern DevOps fundamentals, tools and techniques.
- Postman for REST API calling
- Knowledge in docker.
Please submit a CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal.
Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.
For official notification, click below.
You may also be interested in: