Professional Assistance for Development Action (PRADAN) is one of the largest professionally managed field-based rural development organizations.
PRADAN has been a pioneer in professionalizing rural development by systematically recruiting deploying large numbers of well-educated youth at the grass roots.
This is a 12 month long training programme and those who complete apprenticeship are offered as Executive in PRADAN. The programme allows our new recruits to assess life in grassroots work.
The well-structured programme nurtures new entrants using the principle of learning through guided practice, helping them make an informed choice about their vocation.
An Apprentice is placed in a field team for the period. Approximately, first two to three months s/he needs to be in village, to experience village life and to develop a critical understanding of village as a complex whole.
Rest 9-10 months s/he will be working in some villages, within team’s operational area, to learn by actually working with village community. This experience is further supplemented with relevant conceptual input/s during the whole year.
A designated Field Guide is with the Apprentice throughout the journey to support and guide.
Those with minimum of 16 years of education (A four year bachelor degree in Agriculture, Veterinary sciences, Engineering etc. or A Master’s degree in Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Commerce, Management, Social Work etc. which is the qualifying degree).
- 60% and above throughout career.
- The student would also be eligible if s/he has scores between 50-59% in any one degree (this is not applicable for the qualifying degree).
- For humanities and social science courses: 55% and above in the qualifying degree.
- Medium of instruction and examination of the last qualifying degree should be English.
- S/he should have cleared all back papers before joining Apprenticeship.
Stipend: Rs. 22,000 per month.
Application form is here.
For guidelines, click here.
Official Website: www.pradan.net
About the Author