Applications are invited for Designer I (Copywriter) at Flipkart, Bengaluru for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
- Write, edit and proof-read long copy
- Create captions, catchy one-liners, and content for banners
- Generate clear, accurate and engaging copy across all platforms
- On call availability for business needs
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
BA (English, Literature, Journalism) or MA (English, Literature, Journalism).
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with sound knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Have extensive knowledge of Google keyword research tools
- Work on projects, events and launches meeting the business requirements and timelines
- A flair for writing with an understanding the pulse of ecommerce
- An ability to work in a team with good communication skills
- An effective writing style that is fresh, consistent and customer friendly.
- In depth research skills with flexibility across categories
- Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences.
- An understanding of keywords and meta tags – ability to write web page titles, meta tag descriptions, alt tags for images etc.
- Experience with an online company is an added advantage.
- Willingness to work on high volumes in terms of descriptions.
You may also be interested in: