JOB POST: Deputy Architects @ Ministry of Defence [7 Vacancies]: Apply by Nov 1
About the Organisation
Military Engineer Services, under Ministry of Defence, is one of the oldest and largest government defence infrastructure development agency in India. It is mainly employed in the engineering and construction for the Indian Armed Forces including the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Ordnance Factories, DRDO and the Indian Coast Guard.
The Deputy Architects are required:
- To co-ordinate all planning activities (upto NIT stage) and work in close liaison with other disciplines involved in project planning.
- To supervise and guide the Assistant Architects, Architectural Assistants and allocate work to them, check the drawings & specifications in respect of dimensions, norms and to ensure that the drawings are correct and completion in all respects i.e. contains all information required for preliminary estimate/detailed estimate.
- To prepare preliminary drawings/detailed drawings/layout plans/presentation drawings/calculate areas/perspective/3D models. He/She is responsible to check the accuracy, correctness and neatness of the above.
- To supervise maintenance of drawing records & reference books, to arrange and issue prints of the drawings as directed by his senior officers.
- Interaction with users, obtaining technical data. He /She will be member of the BOO for projects.
- Participating in various work conferences & other miscellaneous administrative task.
- To assist the Architects/Senior Architects in their administrative and technical functions, whenever called upon to do so.
- Age: Maximum 35 years of age as on the closing date.
- Educational Qualification: Degree in Architecture from a recognized University or Institution or equivalent i.e. Associate Membership of the Indian Institute of Architect (IIA) by examination.
- Experience: Two years experience in profession.
There are a total of 7 vacancies.
- Unreserved: 5
- OBC: 1
- SC: 1
The salary will be paid according to Pay Matrix Level-10.
How to Apply
Applications can be made online through the Online Recruitment Application (ORA) on the official website.
The last date to apply for the job post is 1 November 2018.
For further information about the job post, visit the official website.
About the Author