As a Customer Engineer with excellent technical, communication, and organizational skills, and previous experience with data center environments as it relates to modernization, and cloud-native architecture. The candidate will also be experienced with cloud application architectures, networking, microservices, and container orchestrators.
One will use your expertise and presentation skills to engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and persuasively present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud.
In this role, the candidate will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as an enterprise hybrid cloud subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. One will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshooting potential roadblocks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment.
- Experience with containers and associated technologies.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry
- Experience in advanced areas of networking, Linux, SDN, virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, VPNs and their application to PaaS/IaaS technologies, large-scale VMware deployments
- Experience with cloud-native software development methodologies, tools for application development/deployment stages including CI/CD (Jenkins, Spinnaker, Concourse)
- Experience with logging/monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads; ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in Cloud/IT technology space.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure / cloud modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environment(s), provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, identify candidate applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to prove out proposed new architectures, developing best practices, and documenting key blocking requirements for prioritization with engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.