Microsoft Gurgaon invites job applications for the post of Corporate Affairs Manager for the year 2019. The purpose of Microsoft Philanthropies is to advance the company’s mission by making the opportunities of our rapidly evolving digital economy accessible to all people, particularly those most at risk of being left behind.
Through monetary grants, software and curriculum donations, technology solutions, and employee volunteer hours, Microsoft Philanthropies supports programs and organizations that address the needs of communities worldwide.
Required business knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge in social responsibility/philanthropies experience
- Experience of working with partners, nonprofits
- Wide scope of program management experience from small not for profit organizations to larger international strategic institutions; strong planning and organizational skills.
- Deep understanding of community affairs and corporate social responsibility;
- Excellent knowledge and experience in project management, program implementation, execution including techniques, processes, and risk assessment/management, for both internal and external programs/processes;
- Knowledge and previous experience of grant making and/or grant management;
- Strong responsibility and capacity to manage financial resources;
- Strong third-party management skills;
Essential functional and technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of MS technologies, MS training resources, tech use and learning needs of nonprofits;
- Broad understanding of workforce development work in India and Asia;
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships, networks and teams that include a diverse group of people representative of the public and private sectors, community-based organizations, nonprofit and civic leadership as well as program beneficiaries;
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working with multiple stakeholder groups, and an ability to maintain relationship and collaborate across programs;
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Understanding of regional priorities at policy and societal level;
- Professional presence, excellent public speaking capabilities, strong written and oral communication skills;
- Diplomatic acumen, excellent at dealing with ambiguity, balancing corporate, regional and local priorities and needs, and ability to make winning judgments;
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills;
- Independent, self-motivating and assertive;
- Team player with a flexible, positive, objective and balanced approach;
- Background in government affairs or international development;
- Extensive work experience in Asia;
- Working knowledge of computer science education policy and/or ICT for Development frameworks and policy discussions.
- Plan and manage overall programmatic implementation to ensure excellence in strategic grant making, execution and impact across India, directly responsible for Microsoft Corporation India Pvt Ltd (MCIPL) and supporting for 4 other MSFT Business Units;
- Drive and implement Microsoft Philanthropies’ strategic program to accelerate non-profits’ move to the cloud especially with strategic non-profits that help create a strong image and reputation for Microsoft as an inclusive, trusted and responsible Cloud provider; and
- Support the development and design of Digital Skills programs with strong components of technical skill, content and training like data sciences and AI.