JOB POST: Copyeditors and Proofreaders @ ORF, New Delhi: Applications Open
Observer Research Foundation (ORF) is looking for freelance copyeditors and proofreaders. The role requires strong copyediting and proofreading skills to clear varied-length ORF publications in a time-bound fashion.
Copyediting will involve correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax; fact checking and verifying information pertaining to data, charts, graphs; ensuring consistency in spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts, etc; flagging awkward / unclear / ambiguous phrasing; and ensuring internal consistency of content.
Proofreading will involve going over formatted copy to detect errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and format.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or similar area
- At least 2+ years of work experience as copyeditor; work experience in research / academic / publishing environments preferred
- Excellent command over the English language (grammar / usage)
- Eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent command over Microsoft Word
- Ease with PDF readers required
- Interest in current event and international affairs preferred
How to Apply?
Send in your CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, click here.
About the Author