Applications are invited for Copy Editor at Thomson Reuters, Bengaluru for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals. Our worldwide network of journalists and specialist editors keep customers up to speed on global developments, with a particular focus on legal, regulatory and tax changes.
The primary responsibilities of a Copy Editor are to edit/update/publish content that conforms to the best practices for the individual medium including blog posts, social promotion, online attorney profiles and websites.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Good general aptitude.
- English (US), communications, journalism or related background is preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in editing
- Working knowledge of emerging trends and developments in content strategy
- Working knowledge of: Standard rules for grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Familiarity with AP style guide preferred
- Strong online research skills
- Adept at content creation tools and applications
- Fair understanding of digital media (including but not limited to websites)
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable
- Deadline driven and is able to achieve output and metric goals
- Research and edit accurate content that complies with internal best practices and industry standards.
- Edit or revise content based on internal or external feedback.
- Accountable for meeting established deliverables and quality expectations.
- Maintain proficiency in company business systems including fulfillment and tracking software.
You may also be interested in: