Thomson Reuters, Hyderabad is looking for an experienced Content Technical Specialist with one or more years of experience, who will be responsible for coding, layout design, and fixing editorial corrections for content using XPP (XML Professional Publisher) system.
- Certifications / Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or similar required
- Professional Experience: Prior experience using the skillset mentioned under Technical/Professional Skills is highly desirable.
- Behavioural Competencies: Focusing on Customers. Collaborating across Boundaries. Thinking Globally.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Proficient knowledge of XML, CSS, XHTML, and XSLT.
- Knowledge of PERL would be a plus (Not mandatory)
- Should have strong understanding of basic programming techniques, with proficient analytical skills.
- Should be able to identify and fix issues during testing.
- Attention to detail and well organized, in terms of managing assignments to timely completion.
- Create print deliverables from CMS or structured word-processing files, tagged graphics, as well as more regulated document types (such as SGML, XML and HTML) using XPP (XML Professional Publisher) as the primary composition system.
- Monitor and manage the workflows within the XPP (XML Professional Publisher) system.
- Test and document existing code within the XPP (XML Professional Publisher) system, depending upon the requirements, as defined for various titles produced within the system.