IIIT Bangalore invites applications for Content Specialist for the year 2020. Interested candidates can check out full details below.
- Proven work experience of at least 5+ years in content generation and management
- Hands on experience with MS Office and WordPress
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Skilled in Social Media Marketing
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- BBA/MBA or BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
- The Content Specialist’s main deliverables will focus on creating, improving and maintaining content to enhance the reputation and brand of the Institute.
- S/he will proactively identify and cover events and happenings in the Institute.
- S/he will interact with leaders and key stakeholders for interviews and getting appropriate inputs for stories that can be published across all IIITBs channels – website, newsletter, social media channels (owned & paid), Annual Report, Public Relations, etc.
- S/he will be responsible for sharing content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
- Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. As a Content Specialist, the candidate should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented.
- Should possess good knowledge in content optimization and brand consistency.
- Ultimately, this person should be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure key audiences engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
- Interview internal and industry experts to write content relevant to customer and company needs
- Generate topics based on daily research and current events
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to update existing content
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deliverable deadlines
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users’ engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop an editorial calendar
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can send their updated resume at ysn[at]iiitb.ac.in on or before 23 Oct 2020.
9.30 AM – 5.00 PM (Monday to Friday),