Applications are invited for Content Editor – English at Disney + Hotstar, Mumbai for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Disney+ Hotstar is the fastest growing entertainment brand in India with one of the largest subscription services in the country, and millions more accessing quality entertainment that’s available free. Over the past six years, Disney+ Hotstar has been instrumental in shaping how Indians consume their favourite content, migrating audiences at scale from television to a device of their choice.
The candidate must be proficient in English (written and spoken). She/He will work with the content curating team in making editorial decisions to keep the platform refreshed through the day. This full-time staff member will be planning updates for the platform, writing movie and show synopses, proofreading metadata and quality-checking/proofing subtitles.
Candidates should have strong written and communication skills with a fair understanding of the Content business in the OTT. A strong interest in International and English language content is desired.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience of working in the entertainment industry/digital/OTT platforms or creative content
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working as a subtitle editor/proofreader
- Video production experience will be an add-on
- Fluency in at least one South Indian language will be advantageous
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, ability to face and deal with challenges in a mature and professional manner – work as a proactive team member within timelines, must be able to prioritize, multitask, and deliver within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
- Web content research and familiarity of Content Management System (CMS) would be an added advantage. Must be internet savvy, beyond social networking.
- Writing/Proof Reading: Writing/reviewing metadata (titles, descriptions) and subtitles. Quality check of internal and external vendors. Ensure standard, consistency and accuracy of content. Excellent command over English language
- Content Curation: Ideating for thematic/editorial collections or compilations from TV shows. Selecting relevant creative representation for videos. Experience in working with video editors to give instructions in creation of engaging video surround content would be an added advantage
- Work cross-functionally with Hotstar, various Studio partners to identify critical business blockers and optimize these
- Competition Tracking: Keep a track of trends, understanding of different genres, competitive channels/platforms in the English language space. To curate content keeping in line with viewership habits of the app
- Should be in tune with the latest happenings in the entertainment industry. Prefer candidates who are familiar with General Entertainment Channels especially of Star TV Network.
You may also be interested in: