Amazon (India), Hyderabad invites job applications for Content Editor for the year 2020. Online applications open on official website. This is a role for someone with exemplary written and verbal communication skills in English, and who enjoys creating delightful, engaging and witty content.
As a Content Editor on the team, we value your in-depth knowledge on Indian popular content and their sources in Bollywood, music, social trends, politics, science and technology, fashion, lifestyle, and books. You have a strong understanding of your audience and their needs, and are able to think user-backwards. You will need to be quick to react to – and obsessed with – news: having a story up accurately, and on time.
In this role, you ensure that the public content is of the highest standard, appropriate and complies to the team’s and company’s guidelines and policies. You track and use data to make content decisions. Additionally, you are able to juggle multiple projects and priorities with high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- 3+ years creating customer-facing content, such as news reports, feature articles, listicles
- Strong creative and conceptual thinker
- Professional experience writing news headlines or marketing copy
- Portfolio of creative content
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English for Indian audience
- Excellent writing and editing skills in Hindi for Indian audience
- Proficient using CMS tools and other content creation and management tools
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in an ever-changing priorities environment
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- Appetite for learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Background in digital content creation in above-defined areas for web, mobile applications and FM radio.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.