IIT Gandhinagar is looking for a social media content developer and writer to join our external relations and communications team. Responsibilities include communicating science to both laypersons and scientists; conducting interviews with scientists, researchers, faculty, and students to translate their research into layman’s language; writing, reviewing and amending work in response to editor’s feedback.
The candidate should have the ability to break down subject matters in a way that people with a range of backgrounds can understand clearly. The candidate should be creative with a flair for writing and the ability to convey scientific concepts, research, theories, and practices in a clear, concise, and intelligible manner.
About IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Gandhinagar offers an unique undergraduate and graduate education experience in India with unmatched innovations in curriculum. We take pride in our student-centric philosophy resulting in a safe, nurturing, and empowering environment for students. The institute promotes critical thinking and an appreciation of the interdisciplinary character of knowledge, with an emphasis on the liberal arts, project oriented learning, compulsory courses in design and the life sciences, diversity and globalization.
The five-week Foundation Programme for all new undergraduate students was recognized with the World Education Award 2013 by the World Education Summit for innovations in engineering education. Over 40% of our students undergo a study abroad experience during their academic career with us. We are committed to promoting excellence in science, technology, as well as the humanities and social sciences and to the development of rounded and nuanced minds.
Eligibility/ Job requirements
- The candidate must have a graduate or postgraduate degree in science or engineering. Additional degree or diploma in communications/journalism or scientific communication would be an advantage
- Excellent speaking, writing, and editing skills in English
- Proven work experience as an online content developer and writer, copywriter or similar role
- Ability to interact with scientists and subject-matter experts, think logically, and distill complex ideas
- Ability to report technical information coherently in a manner that appeals to the general public
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Adequate proficiency in basic computer programs
- Excellent note-taking skills using both physical and digital records
Full-time for 1 year on a contract (with the possibility of extension based on performance)
INR 25,000 – 40,000 (based on qualification and experience)
Interested candidates may apply online via this page on or before 31st October 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview.