Teach for India invites job applications for Consultant (Model Development) post for the various locations for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About the Role
As part of the Selection Leadership Team, you will work closely with the Director and the Model Development Lead as part of the revamp of the Fellowship Selection Model and help make the best decisions for the model using data. Your core responsibilities would include extensive quantitative and qualitative research, generating and testing hypotheses ongoing, data analysis and insight generation.
The role will also require design of pilots for the model, project management and monitoring and evaluation of their effectiveness. There will be collaboration between the other verticals on the team in order to effectively design a holistic selection model and process.
What makes this role unique:
- You get to be a part of the core team that develops the Fellowship Selection Model 2.0
- You will also be the team’s data wizard – from asking the right questions to being the discovery process to choosing the right models and algorithms
- You get to be a data scientist in the social sector – and through work on the model directly, there is a lot of potential for significant long term impact on the sector.
- Graduate (any field) with 2+ years of work experience in research and development/data science/statistical modelling, etc.
- Exceptional English language communication skills – both written and verbal
- End-to-end project management experience (from vision setting to execution)
- A background in research, data science, modelling and advanced data handling
- Belief that every child deserves an excellent education and that every single child has the ability to be successful academically whatever their background.
- A curiosity to understand, deep dive and derive big and small insights from large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data; high levels of ownership to initiative and explore ongoing and ad hoc research questions
- Strong applied statistical skills such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, experience with SPSS and other statistical tools
- Experience or interest in working with data science toolkits such as R, Python, Matlab, etc.
- Data visualization skills and experience working with tools such as Tableau, etc.
- Project management skills and ability to manage complex projects with many moving parts and stakeholders, ensuring high quality outcome in a tight timeframe.
- Great communication skills for communicating insights in the most accurate and effective way
- Strong interpersonal skills, which enable you to build meaningful relationships with diverse others and invest them in a role or purpose, and a focus on collaborating with others to generate ideas, find aspects of collaboration, conduct interviews and access the information required for research
- Solution oriented approach when faced with challenges, and ability to identify and implement solutions to complex challenges rapidly
- High sense of possibility and an anything-it-takes attitude
- Growth-oriented mindset and a drive to develop self as well as to challenge and improve existing systems and approaches
- Data-driven and results oriented, yet with a ‘purpose-over-process’ approach to work
- Risk-taking appetite and ability to balance stability with innovation and experimentation
- Excitement and stamina to work in a high-stakes, deadline-driven environment.