The UNODC Regional Office for South Asia is located in New Delhi (India) and covers six countries of the region: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka. Its Regional Programme for South Asia “Promoting the rule of Law and countering drugs and crime in South Asia (2013-2017)” has five sub-programmes relating to:
- countering transnational organized crime,
- countering corruption,
- terrorism prevention,
- promoting efficient, fair and humane justice systems and
- drug use prevention and treatment and HIV.
As part of sub-programme 1 of the Regional Programme, the Office is implementing a national project in Bhutan titled “Enhance Government and Civil Society Responses to Counter Trafficking in Persons in Bhutan (BHUZ13)” in collaboration with the Department of Law & Order (DLO) and the National Commission for Women and Children (NCWC).
Under this project, UNODC in partnership with DLO and NCWC seeks to strengthen the capacities of its program staff to be able to understand and respond more effectively in designing and implementing comprehensive interventions to counter trafficking in persons.
The task also includes strengthening the capacities of law enforcement officials and public prosecutors to prevent and identify, investigate and prosecute cases of trafficking, and enhance referrals for appropriate treatment and reintegration of trafficking victims.
To this end, UNODC seeks to engage a consultant to undertake the development of:
- 2 days Orientation Training agenda along with power-point presentations for program staff and
- development of innovative training tools and powerpoint presentations based on the existing training module for law enforcement officials and public prosecutors to counter TIP and conduct a 3-day training of trainers (ToT) programme.
Education and Experience:
- A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in Law, Criminology, Human rights, Social Sciences, Development Study, Humanities or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 5-7 years of prior work experience in the field of training, Trafficking in Persons, human rights etc. especially in the regional and international context.
How to Apply:
To Apply, please click here
For further details, please visit the link given here