UN Women under UNDP (New Delhi) invites applications for Consultant- Communications Assistant post for the year 2020.
The Communication Consultant will maintain a working relationship with the UN Women India CO/the Regional Communications Team/ and the HQ Communications team. The Consultant will work in close collaboration with the UN Women India Office and Partners of the Second Chance Education Programme, Operations teams, staff of other UN Agencies, ensuring successful implementation of the programme documentation and communication strategy implementation.
The objective of this assignment is to increase the visibility of the Second Chance Education Programme by documenting best practices, advocacy efforts and outreach.
Support the development of programme communications and advocacy materials:
- Draft press releases, Newsletters, articles, key messages, and other advocacy materials
- Standardise the communications material and layout of the 12 Empowerment hubs in the 4 states – Rajasthan, Odisha, Bihar and Maharashtra; including physical standardisation
- Collating best practices on similar Empowerment Hubs across the globe and ensuring it is reflected in the layout of the Hub
- Media collaboration strategy
- Review translations, contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production;
- Review of videos and photographs submitted by partners and/or external agencies, if need be visit to the field to collect high resolution photographs and videos
- Maintain library/ database of reference materials and photos;
- Support Geneva office in communications and reporting. Also, align the communications of SCE India programme with the communications of Geneva Office.
- Follow guidelines from HQ and Geneva office.
Support and manage the SCE programme social media presence and on other platforms:
- Gather information for the development of content for the India website and social media channels;
- Share updates with the Communication team for the website and social media channels, as required;
- Maintain files, databases, and systems relevant to the SCE programmes digital presence;
- Track and monitor social media and report relevant information to UN Women staff;
- Research, compile and produce reports on web statistics on a regular basis and electronic surveys;
- Design and create social media content (infographics, videos, GIFs, social media cards etc.).
Facilitate knowledge management and sharing:
- Support M & E analyst in documenting case studies and stories of change.
- Organize trainings and workshops on communication practices;
- Provide/ exchange information with Geneva HACRO and other SCE programme countries.
- Provision of efficient communications related support in planning, preparing and implementing communications and advocacy material for the SCE programme.
- Effectively support the development and review of audio-visual material capturing the journey of young women and women under the SCE programme.
- Development and publication of communications materials such press releases, social media posts and human impact/news stories/articles/blogs for SCE programme and liaising with print media.
- Support Geneva office in communications and reporting.
- Monthly Reports on implementation of the communications activities. This report shall also tackle issues faced during implementation of the assignment and recommend follow-up actions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, media relations, journalism or any other related field.
- Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, electronic and print media , communications or advocacy. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems. Knowledge of gender and human rights issues desirable.
How to apply?
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications in one single PDF document:
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from here.
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment, please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Duration of Initial Contract :||11 January to 30 June 2021 (20 working days per month) (Renewable subject to availability of funds)|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||11 January to 30 June 2021 (20 working days per month) (Renewable subject to availability of funds)|