The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
MasterCard combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree and at least 1-2 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
- Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
- Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, such as consulting services, Test & Learn, or data and analytics:
- Working with technology and data, contributes towards the development of strategies and programs for large, strategically important regional and global clients
- Independently identifies issues in defined area of analysis, structures analysis with oversight and synthesizes own analysis and identifies relevant implications
- Supports development of recommendations, and prepares presentations, and delivers them to clients
- Understands immediate clients’ needs and agenda to provide creative input into project
- Develops day-to-day working relationship with entry-level clients
- Identifies engagement risks in immediate area of responsibility
- Supports intellectual capital development from client work and incorporate insights from related intellectual capital/ project initiatives
- Contributes to proposal preparation
- Identifies client challenges and brings ideas on opportunities to the attention of senior Mastercard Advisors staff.