UNDP New Delhi seeks applications for the post of Communication officer for the year 2020. The Communications Officer will be part of a team of committed and experienced development professionals whose primary role is to support India to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
As part of the UNDP team, your focus will be to work with multiple stakeholders to find the country-specific solutions and to ensure no one is left behind – and we reach those furthest behind first.
- Advanced University degree or equivalent in journalism, development communication, social science or any related field
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in journalism/ public information
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, MS Publisher and standard internet tools
- Demonstrated ability and prior work experience in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential content
- Previous experience in developing and implementing publications strategies
- Experience in using social media platforms, computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
The Communications Officer (writer/editor) will be expected to work towards and report against the following results and deliverables:
- Develop, edit and design a range of communications material for UNDP: Develop web-friendly and audience-centric human-interest stories on UN/ UNDP’s initiatives and key achievements from the field
- Develop, review, adapt and edit web content for UNDP India website to improve digital engagement: Translate the work of UNDP India in a web-friendly format and design for external audiences and donors.
- Oversee edit and production of publications and reports for UNDP: Ensure adherence to brand guidelines for every publication developed, published or disseminated from the office.
- Coordinate translation of communications materials for UNDP: Oversee and coordinate translation of communications products into multiple languages and ensure high quality and timely deliverables.
Remuneration package is Rs. 182,746/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for the contract holder and encourage work-life balance.
Last date for online application is 26 May 2020