Applications are invited for Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at IISER Pune for the year 2021. The last date of application is 11 October 2021.
I-HUB Quantum Technology Foundation (I-HUB QTF) is a Section 8 company, established with an objective to set up a Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) in the Technology vertical ‘Quantum Technologies (QT)’ under National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) funded by Dept. of Science & Technology (DST). I-HUB QTF is hosted at IISER Pune Campus.
B. Tech. / B.E. with minimum 15 years’ industry experience in Research & Development / Start-up. OR M.E./ M. Tech. with minimum 12 years of Industry experience in Research & Development / Start-up incubation. OR Ph.D. with more than 5 years Industry experience in Research & Development. Candidates with additional degree of MBA may be preferred.
- Minimum five years’ work experience in technology business management, people management, training and competency development, marketing with special reference to product or technology development related to electronic systems design, optical systems design, electronic materials development, electronic device or process development will be desirable.
- Experience of working in an entrepreneurial environment (e.g. an accelerator programme or start-up) or in an academic or research environment.
- Demonstrated ability in efficiently managing multiple, concurrent tasks;
- Proven experience in providing high level administrative support;
- Strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Experience of recording detailed information (such as in a database) and producing simple reports with that information;
- Strong IT skills and experience with widely used applications. Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deliver to deadlines;
- Ability to work on own or be part of a team;
- Ability to show initiative and management of own workload
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all level;
- Knowledge of government and academic processes, intellectual property management, industry-academia collaboration and venture capital investment will be an added advantage.
Initially for a period of 3 years which may be extended by another 2 years or curtailed, subject to performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Incumbent is expected to:
- Interface with the Board of the Directors and the Hub Governing Board.
- Create a business plan, build and grow the Company in terms of organization, systems and processes, governance policies and financial resources;
- Manage administration of projects and entrepreneurial activities;
- Management of projects (and the associated project finance) being undertaken by the HUB Governing Body and its partners;
- Designing and maintaining reporting templates, and keeping these updated from time to time as sound informative and decision-making support tool;
- Designing robust systems;
- Generating progress reports for stakeholders;
- Facilitate support to the faculty, students, research collaborators in their day-to-day research requirements;
- Identify opportunities for potential start-ups, companies to transfer technologies developed;
- Manage research facilities of the Hub, in terms of logistics, procurement, maintenance and smooth operations;
- Interface with IISER Pune and administration as well as outside agencies (government and non-government) for facilitating the company activities;
Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert the application form and the CV into a single PDF file) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or before October 11, Please mention “Application for the post of Chief Executive Officer” in the subject line of the email.
You may also be interested in: