The Campus Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager APAC is part of the global Environmental Health, and Safety Team with the primary responsibility of supporting the Regional EHS Manager of APAC in implementing Google’s Global Safety Management Framework in our Hyderabad offices.
As a Campus Environmental Health and Safety Manager, you will partner with various departments to develop cross-functional solutions for Security, Facilities, Risk Management, Human Resources, Employment Legal, and Product area stakeholders.
In this role, you’ll work independently and contribute effective program management, critical thinking, problem-solving, and relationship-management skill, working closely with cross-functional teams to analyze, define, and verify current and future control solutions. You will also drive the execution of remediation plans, ensure a supportive safety culture exists, and provide training, direction, and support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental or safety science field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety.
- Experience providing occupational health and safety solutions and working with regulatory authorities.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience developing and implementing Environmental Health and Safety programs, procedures, associated training, guidance documents, and job aids.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively perform in a highly complex and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of local Environmental, Health, and Safety legislation and standards as they apply to business operations in India.
- Partner with Real Estate Workplace Services, Product Areas, and Business Unit Leaders on the design and implement of global Environmental Health and Safety operations.
- Deploy and audit Environmental Health and Safety programs. Implement effective emergency management solutions in relation to medical, fire, and disaster situations.
- Interface with regulators and assist in drafting responses to agencies enquiries. Support, and communicate effectively with English speaking clients.
- Develop analytics and reports based on metrics gathered from injury, illness, hazard, and inspection data.
- Coordinate incident investigations and communicable illness response. Deploy and conduct Google safety training at assigned sites.