The Business research Analyst will be responsible for continuous improvement projects across the RBS teams leading to each of its delivery levers. The long-term goal of Research analyst (RA) role is to eliminate Defects and automate qualifying tasks.
Secondary goals is to improve the vendor or customer experience, and to enhance GMS/ FCF. This will require collaboration with local and global teams, which have process and technical expertise. Therefore, RA should be a self-starter who is passionate about discovering and solving complicated problems, learning complex systems, working with numbers, and organizing and communicating data and reports.
RA should works across team(s) and Ops organization at country, regional and/or cross regional level to drive improvements and enablers to implement solutions for customer, cost savings in process workflow, systems configuration and performance metrics.
Leads projects and opportunities across the Operations (FCs, Sortation, logistic centres, Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering …) that are business critical, and may be global in nature. RA should perform Big data analysis to identify the defects patterns/process gaps and come up with long term solutions to eliminate the defects/issues. RA should Writes clear and detailed functional specifications based on business requirements as well as writes and reviews business cases.
- Ability to analyse and then articulate business issues to a wide range of audiences using strong data, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the concepts of test and control comparison to provide insights through statistical measures such as hypothesis testing
- SQL/ETL, Automation Tools
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years combined of relevant work experience in a related field/s (project management, customer advocate, product owner, engineering, business analysis) – Diverse experience will be favored eg. a mix of experience across different roles
- Be self motivated and autonomous with an ability to prioritize well, and remain focused when working within a team located in across several countries and time zones.
- Scoping, driving and delivering complex projects across multiple teams.
- Performs root cause analysis by understand the data need, get data / pull the data and analyze it to form the hypothesis and validate it using data.
- Dive deep to drive product pilots, build and analyze large data sets, and construct problem hypotheses that help steer the product feature roadmap (e.g. with use of R,SAS, STATA, Matlab, Python or JAVA), tools for database (e.g. SQL, Redshift) and ML tools (Rapid Miner, Eider)
- Build programs to create a culture of continuous improvement within the business unit, and foster a customer centric focus on the quality, productivity, and scalability of our services.
- Find the scalable solution for business problem by executing pilots and build Deterministic and ML model (plug and play on readymade ML models and python skills).
- Manages meetings, business and technical discussions regarding their part of the projects.
- Makes recommendations and decisions that impact development schedules and the success for a product or project.
- Drives team(s)/partners to meet program and/or product goals.
- Coordinates design effort between internal team and External team to develop optimal solutions for their part of project for Amazon’s network.
- Supports identification of down-stream problems (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability) and escalate them to the appropriate level before they become project-threatening.
- Performs supporting research, conduct analysis of the bigger part of the projects and effectively interpret reports to identify opportunities, optimize processes, and implement changes within their part of project.
- Ability to convince and interact with stakeholders at all level either to gather data and information or to execute and implement according to the plan.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solver
- Build reports from established data warehouses and self-service reporting tools
- Communicate ideas effectively and with influence (both verbally and in writing), within and outside the team.