As the Tech BDM within AISPL focusing on the public sector markets, specifically agriculture & rural segments, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 etc).
Your responsibilities will include helping to define agriculture and rural solution segments to target, building the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to impact new AISPL business in those markets, and drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business relationships. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
- 10+ years of business development experience in technology industry
- Several years of experience of positioning cloud services to customers
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- C-level of engagement and communication skills
- Must have an understanding of government procurement and contract procedures
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess several years of business development in enterprise
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating and qualifying leads at scale and close business.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive India government and education market and technical strategy.
- Participate in Government procurement process through tenders and RFPs
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it’s in line with the AISPL strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. business development teams, Capture team, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners/solution providers to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key AISPL customers.
- Work closely with the AISPL customer base to ensure they are successful using the web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of AISPL customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of the product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of tools and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with and account management (Government, AgriTechs) and solution oriented business development.
- Relevant technical knowledge such as fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, database systems, core distributed computing concepts, storage systems with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.
For application & more details, click here.