The Government of Odisha has committed itself to the people of Odisha that pucca houses will be provided to the rural landless and those who are staying in kutcha houses by 2019 under different housing schemes like Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G), Biju Pucca Ghar Yojna, Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojna, etc.
UNDP is assisting State Govt. in following spheres:-
- Setting up of Project Management Unit (PMU) at the State, District and Block Levels.
- In strengthening IEC activities.
- To build the capacities of various stakeholders involved in RH implementation.
In order to operationalize the Project, UNDP is currently in the process of recruiting Block Development Officer (Rural Housing) to support the nodal agency (State Government). The Block Development Officer will work under the Block Development Officer who will provide overall project implementation and technical guidance.
Block Project Coordinator
Block Development Office, (One position in each Block), Odisha, INDIA
Duration of Initial Contract
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of Block Project Assistant will be as follows:-
- Synchronizing the reports and photographs of houses at various stages captured through Awaas App and other apps developed by the state with concerned software databases.
- Data Analysis and Reporting and delivering essential information regarding an ongoing project.
- Assisting the Block Development Office in implementing the housing scheme of the block.
I) Knowledge Management and Learning
- A proven record in computer operation and data entry.
II) Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Data storing, processing and delivering required information of the assigned project.
- Good time-management skills.
III) Corporate Competencies:
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- Intermediate with computer knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken in English and Odia.
Candidates have to apply online with relevant details with the following documents Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
The candidate who fulfills the qualification norm will be invited for a computer skill test. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the computer skill test. Skill Test will be conducted in Bhubaneswar or in the district HQs to be decided by UNDP.
Travel costs for attending the skill test will be borne by the shortlisted consultants. The contract shall be awarded on a merit basis.
5 December 2019
For any clarifications, please write to rh.odisha[at]undp.org