Tata Medical Center, Kolkata invites job application for the post of Bio-respiratory Manager for the year 2020. The post holder will work closely with the hospital’s multidisciplinary clinical service, the tissue biorepository unit and laboratory teams in TTCRC to facilitate all aspects of tissue biobanking. The group’s work is focused currently on two cancers, acute lymphoblastic leukaemia and gallbladder cancer.
- PhD in Biological Sciences
- Understanding of statistical principles
- Information Technology (IT) skills permitting work on Laboratory Inventory Management Systems (LIMS)
- Familiarity with DNA and RNA analyses
- Familiarity with basic research laboratory protocols, procedures and techniques in DNA and RNA analyses.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Human Tissue and Data Protection Acts, including knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations.
- Understanding of genomics and cancer biology is an advantage.
- Understanding of statistical principles is essential.
- Previous experience in protein and/or nucleic acid research is desirable.
- Ability to make effective decisions in situations of emergency keeping in mind the health and safety of the team.
- Foster integration and teamwork.
- Aptitude for budget management.
- Communicate in a credible and effective way.
- Information Technology (IT) skills permitting work on LIMS.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain international biobanking practices and standards.
- Organise training on ethical regulations including an understanding of the ethical and practical issues in relation to handling of biological samples.
- Supervise teams to collect pre-analytical data and biospecimen from hospital site. Promote communication and alignment, as well as efficiencies across the groups.
- Maintain laboratory and storage equipment, test new laboratory processes, troubleshoot, develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), and train new biobank staff.
- Implement quality assurance and quality control.
- Actively contribute to tissue and fluid collection, processing and storage. Evaluate approaches to improve participant tracking, sample tracking and data collection.
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can submit their application by post or by e-mail to: Mr Suvasish Mukherjee; Head, Human Resources; Tata Medical Center; 14 Major Arterial Road (East-West); Newtown, Rajarhat; Kolkata 700160 email: suvashish.mukherjee[at]tmckolkata.com on or before 8 June 2020.