Teach for India is looking for Associate (TFIx Development and Communications) for the year 2020. As the Development and Communication Associate, you will assist the Manager in creating and implementing the Fundraising, Partnership, Branding, and Marketing strategy.
This involves developing the brand of TFIx, identifying and maintaining relationships with education entrepreneurs across the country, executing online and offline campaigns to recruit potential entrepreneurs for TFIx, identifying and partnering with various organizations and stakeholders within the education and incubation space.
Development is one of the critical backbones of the organization as the organization is completely dependent on donations in its current form. As Development and Communication Associate, you need to spend time creating and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders
- Exceptional writing/editing and oral communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred discipline Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Health Communications or related fields
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Ability to synthesize content inputs from various individuals and write coherent and engaging content piece customized for different communication channels
- Open to taking up responsibilities which are not mentioned in the Job Description
- Strong time management skills and the ability to remain flexible.
- Prior experience of working in Teach For India in any capacity.
- Ability to be resourceful, take responsibility, and find effective solutions to problems
- Knowledge of a wide range of media outlets, including print and digital, and the ability to create a pitch and engage actively with media for generating coverage on important issues and topics
- 1-2 years of work experience with demonstrated success in ideation or campaigns, creative content writing, and managing digital media.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
TFIx funding requirement:
- Maintaining good relations with the Teach For India’s National Development team and supporting them with relevant collaterals like proposals, donor reports, etc.
- Creating inspiring and strong branding materials like (not limited to) presentations, pitch decks, emails, newsletters etc
- Being part of potential donor meetings when raising funds for TFIx.
Fundraising for TFIx Entrepreneurs and Alumni:
- Researching potential donors who are aligned with the vision and mission of TFIx alumni and entrepreneurs.
- Supporting Entrepreneurs to develop or enhance the skill of fundraising.
- Supporting Teach For India’s National Development team with collaterals required to make connections with donors aligned with TFIx Entrepreneurs and Alumni
- Leverage platforms like LinkedIn to find potential funding connections
- Identifying new potential partners for TFIx overall – For Recruitment, Program, Fundraising and Alumni. Eg.. Wipro, SBI, Gandhi fellowship.
- Maintaining and deepening relations with existing partners
- Working with internal Teach For India partners like InnovatEd and others
- Content creation and campaign management: Lead content creation and development for print and digital media (posts and creative copies for social media, creative content for posters/ leaflets, video films, blogs, and articles for website/newsletters) and other relevant content for the target audience
- Create monitoring reports using social media analytic/listening tools and assist in the evaluation process and modify the campaign approach
- Working with the Teach For India Communication team to create collaborative campaigns, branding ideas, creating collaterals etc.
- Support website design, development, and maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information about TFIx is posted regularly
- Capturing Entrepreneur growth during and after the incubation year through pictures, videos, and other creative ways by working with the team
- Boosting TFIx’s visibility by leveraging strong avenues like CSR conferences, educational summits, etc.
Support Recruitment & Selections:
- Conduct 1-1 calls with potential applicants to get to know them and to find alignment between TFIx and their work.
- Assist Enablers manager in selections as per the requirements