Applications are invited for Associate Scientist at Procter & Gamble, Mumbai and Goa for the year 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways.
Role & Responsibilities
Develops the understanding of fundamental relationship between technical properties to consumer responses. Contributes to experimental design, conducts detailed analysis and summary of research and experimentation, in addition to independently execute all aspects of routine consumer research study placement and documentation.
- Bachelor or Master (preferably Masters) in Biological or Chemical science
2. Critical Skills
- Leadership – Strong leadership & passion on product development as Function leader. Demonstrated ability to lead direct reports, project team & drive technical projects to successfully deliver innovation on time. Candidate will take lead to deliver product qualification projects on time following product development methodology. Lead discussion with cross functional local/regional/global partners to deliver complex projects.
- Organizational & Communication skills – Fluency in English(speaking/writing/reading), as the individual need to work with regional &/or Global resources located outside India without major issues. Capable of clearly communicating across functions. Can influence other functions to support and execute work to meet timings. Requires ability to understand and handle the details and interactions to keep the material projects on track. Attention to details is required. It is important to manage an organization that is spread across several locations. Close cooperation between sites. Taking care of direct report and managing expectations effectively.
- Technical master in R&D – R&D is the magic behind our products. The candidate should ideally have some experience in product design R&D in an FMCG company. Individual should be able to prepare Product qualification plan, consumer testing of prototypes and execute them following standard systems. Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge to solve issues to root cause as well as understanding material and process interactions. Knowledge of Femcare/Babycare products will be an added advantage. Strong logical thinking skill & belief in P&G tools to drive root cause elimination, explain reason/fact in systemic manner. Strong communication skill and could communicate clear objective with suppliers/multi functions outside/inside P&G.
- Risk management – Able to identify, manage and communicate risk and develop appropriate contingency plans. Comfortable pushing the boundaries and removing barriers. Able to penetrate details to ensure there are robust plans in place
- Grows capability – of self & team members. Ensures that the team members have required skills to execute department deliverables. Builds & reviews required systems for effective & efficient working across functions and external partners like suppliers
- Review department work plan & make necessary adjustments to meet business needs. Should have demonstrated capability to lead projects, manage people and technical trouble shooting. Collaboration skills to work with cross functions. This role requires interaction with different people and cultures internally and externally. Good communication skill, partnership with our P&G internal technical and commercial partners as well as a productive relationship with suppliers is required for success
- Project management, Product development system, Product Specifications, Initiative management, Supplier interfacing, and more. The role also creates an outstanding opportunity to understand the external connections to our suppliers & collaboration with diverse culture team members across region & globe. Love technical type of work and want to go deeper in knowledge rather than go wider
3. Work Experience
- Better to have minimum 2~ year experience in previous assignment
4. Functional Knowledge
- Strong basic knowledge as Chemical engineer, Pharmaceutical, Material or Biological sciences, other sciences/engineer degree could be considered.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India; Ponda, Goa, India.
You may also be interested in: