Applications are invited for Associate Photo Editor Team Leader at Thomson Reuters, Bengaluru for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Thomson Reuters
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions.
It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Reuters is looking for an enthusiastic and globally-minded journalist with strong English and a sharp eye for detail who can effortlessly sift through the thousands of photos our photographers shoot every day. You will join our global team editing the news pictures service, in Bangalore, India. In your role you will contribute to the daily picture file.
Our Global Pictures Desk team ensures the quality, accuracy and speed of delivery of news pictures to our clients worldwide. We have a dynamic newsroom including text, visuals, digital, polling, graphics, legal and sports journalists who collaborate to produce a compelling professional news product unavailable anywhere else. We are the first to know the news.
This is a full-time, desk-based role, that requires flexibility. You must be willing to work as part of a global 24/7 rotating shift system, including weekends and public holidays, with occasional night shifts.
- Fluent English. Bonus points for additional languages.
- A love for all forms of journalism and an obsessive-level interest in current affairs
- Ever dreamed of working for the world’s greatest multimedia news organization
- Sound news and pictures judgment and an ability to spot a breaking story
- Unflappable interpersonal and organizational skills even when under pressure
- English language studies, Mass communication or a Journalism related degree or experience
- Experience and/or general interest in photography and/or journalism
- Experience working in a newsroom and/or mentoring junior team members
- Competent working knowledge of Apple computers and Adobe Photoshop
- A desire to work with colleagues dedicated to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias
- A love for being part of a diverse, global team
As a photo editor you will:
- Gather images sent in from editors and photographers from around the globe
- Research and edit photos and photo captions, writing captions in English quickly and accurately for our global clients.
- Work as a team with pictures, text, video and on-line colleagues to ensure integrated multimedia news coverage and production
- Provide photo editing guidance to team members
- Live edit many major news, sport and entertainment events
Click here to apply for the post of Associate Photo Editor Team Leader at Thomson Reuters, Bengaluru.
You may also be interested in:
- JOB POST: Associate Editor, Global Pictures Desk at Reuters, Bengaluru: Apply Now
- International Photo Competition 2021 by Chromatic Awards [Prize Worth Rs. 2.2 L]: Submit by July 18