TISS Guwahati invites applications for 3 posts of Assistant Professors on contract basis, initially for a period from the date of appointment till March 31, 2021 and will be extended based on the performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute.
- The Centre for Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development, School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSS&H) – One post
- Centre for Undergraduate Studies (CUGS) – Two posts.
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in M.A / M.Sc in Environmental Studies / Environmental Management, Geography, Development Studies / Psychology / History and other allied subjects from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET Or
- The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), the Times Higher Education (THE) or the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
- Desirable: SSS&H- Preference will be given to candidates with- Specialization in Human Ecology / Social Ecology/ Urban Ecology / Environmental Impact Assessment / Sustainable Development / Climate Change / Disaster Management and related fields. Work experience in the interdisciplinary field of conservation, natural resource management, eco-development, environmental auditing, and impact studies.
- The Centre for Undergraduates Studies (CUGS) Psychology -: Preference will be given to candidates with- Qualification of Ph. D. in relevant field. Two and more years of teaching experience. History -: Preference will be given to candidates with- Qualification of Ph. D. in relevant field. Having two and more years of teaching experience.
How to apply?
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via this page.
- The application fee of Rs. 1000/- be paid on-line. The application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs.250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form.
Last date of receipt of online application: August 15, 2020
Consolidated salary of Rs. 65,568/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100 ; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by funder.