Applications are invited for Assistant Professor (Psychology) at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 10 August.
The School of Human Ecology invites application for One post of Assistant Professor to be filled on contract basis, initially for period of One Semester and extendable based on performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute.
The candidates will be required to teach in M.A. Applied Psychology program of TISS, coordinate fieldwork activities of the students of M.A. Applied Psychology and M.Phil in Applied Psychology, provide mentorship to students who need assistance, help in supervision of fieldwork, supervise psychological assessment, guide Masters’ research dissertation and carry out other activities necessary for smooth functioning of the Centre. Persons are required specifically to teach psychological assessment, research methods (quantitative methods) and micro-skills in counselling.
Educational Qualification: Eligibility (A or B):
A. i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Psychology/ Applied Psychology from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of ‘Assistant Professor’ subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following conditions:-
- a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a referred journal;
- e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: i. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ii. the Times Higher Education (THE) or iii. the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
- M. Phil in Clinical Psychology from an RCI recognized institution
- Ph.D in Psychology/Clinical Psychology or relevant field.
- Candidates with prior teaching and/or field practice experience of two years will be preferred.
- Research and published work in peer-reviewed journals in the fields of Psychology.
- Knowledge of psychological assessments, testing and advanced statistics.
- Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- The last date for submission of online applications will be 10 August 2021.
- The application fee of Rs. 1000/- be paid on-line. The application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs. 250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The women applicants are waived from payment of application fees.
- The shortlisted candidates will be sent a call letter and link for the interview. The online interview in Zoom Platform will be conducted around 16th August 2021.
Consolidated salary of Rs. 71952/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by funder.
You may also be interested in: