Applications are invited for Assistant Professor for School of Habitat Studies at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 8 July 2021.
The Institute invites online applications for One positions of Assistant Professor in the field of Economics for its School of Habitat Studies at the Mumbai campus. The post will be on contract basis for a period till 31 March 2022 and extendable based on performance of candidate and requirement by the Institute. The selected candidate would be required to join within fifteen (15) days of selection and shall be stationed in Mumbai.
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Economics from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. Candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET /SLET /SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfillment of the following conditions :-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/ funded/ supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET. OR
The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
The desirable qualifications and experience:
The candidate should be able to teach courses related to different fields of economics, like macro-micro economics, regulatory economics, urban economics, quantitative economics, and others. A familiarity with subjects such as regulatory policies, economic regulation, urban policies, natural resource economics, institutional economics and their interface with societal realities and the preparedness to work with an interdisciplinary team and participate in theory as well as field based teaching is a must.
The selected incumbent is expected to teach courses linked to basic economics (macro & micro), regulatory economics, urban economics, sectoral regulation and other related courses for post-graduate students of the following programmes of the School: Regulatory Policy and Governance, Urban Policy and Governance, Climate Change and Sustainability Studies, Water Policy and Governance. Apart from the School-wide contribution, the selected incumbent is expected to focus on research and development of the Regulatory Policy and Governance Programme.
The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute’s website
- The last date for submission of online applications will be 08 July 2021.
- The shortlisted candidates will be sent a call letter and link for the interview. The online interview in Zoom Platform will be conducted around 15th July 2021.
Click here to view the official notification of Assistant Professor for School of Habitat Studies at TISS Mumbai.
You may also be interested in: