IIT Madras invites applications for Assistant Professor posts for the year 2020. IIT Madras invites applications from individuals with an established record of independent, high-quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty position at the level of:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Management Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Basic Qualification and Experience for the posts are given below. Qualification and Experience will be reckoned as on December 03, 2020.
- Qualification: PhD, with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree. Specialization in the appropriate area/branch with consistently good academic record throughout. Additional qualifications and specialization areas sought in each department are available at https://facapp.iitm.in as Annexure-1.
- Assistant Professor (Grade II): Candidates with less than three years of industrial/ research/ teaching experience may be considered for this post.
- Assistant Professor (Grade I): Candidates with at least three years of industrial/research/ teaching experience may be considered for the post.
- The experience gained while pursuing Ph.D is excluded for consideration. Assistant Professor candidates should preferably be below 35 years of age as on December 03, 2020.
How to apply?
Applications are to be submitted online through the link for this advertisement at facapp.iitm.ac.in; fillable forms and instructions can be found at the site. A scan of the signed copy of the datasheet has to be uploaded using the online link. In case of any queries regarding the application submission, please contact: Dean (Administration) IIT Madras
Chennai 600036 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before December 03, 2020 – 5:00 PM (IST)
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Grade-II: 7th CPC Pay Level 10, Minimum Pay: ₹ 70900/-
The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.8 ₹ 70,900/-. In such cases, on completion of one year of experience, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay Level11. Subsequent placement in Assistant Professor Grade-I will be based on internal performance assessment conducted after meeting experience requirements.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Grade-I: 7th CPC Pay Level 12, Minimum Pay: ₹ 101500/-
For direct recruits minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-12 at Cell No.1 ₹ 1,01,500/-. On completion of 3 years as Assistant Professor Grade-I, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay Level-13A1 (₹ 1,31,400 – 2,04,700).