Applications are invited for Analyst – Syndicate Operations at Morgan Stanley, Mumbai for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Syndicate Operations is a high profile group that deals with the firm?s largest Investment Banking clients. This position is a key operational role supporting Global Capital Markets and the Investment Banking Division on the execution of various aspects of the business.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work on high value transactions, and as a result will be in contact with sensitive/private-side information on a daily basis. The team is responsible supporting Equity and Debt issuances globally, and ensuring seamless execution of the deals front to back. The team is part of a larger global organization and have close working relationships with their counterparts in Hong Kong, London, and New York.
Eligibility & Required Skills
- Understanding of equity and/or debt products and knowledge of operational support functions.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills. The candidate must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and proactively organize all aspects of their deals.
- Strong communication skills, understanding the appropriate level of communication for each of their stakeholders so expectations are managed. The candidate will need to be able to clearly articulate, highlight, and escalate risks and issues.
- Strong team player, demonstrating an understanding of the importance of knowledge-sharing and what can be leveraged across the team to achieve optimum output.
- Ability to co-ordinate teams of people in achieving a defined objective. The candidate will need to build strong relationships with work colleagues across different locations.
- Partner effectively across geographical and functional groups, developing a strong network.
The Syndicate Operations team are responsible for, but not limited to the below tasks:
- Demonstrate the ability to work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to coordinate the settlement of syndicate offerings for GCM.
- Responsible for coordinating the invoice process for fees and expenses with GCM clients and other Syndicate banks.
- Responsible for coordinating the initiation and approval process of Call Back Verifications for GCM clients and Syndicate banks.
- Manage initiating fee payments to Syndicate bank, which requires strong attention to detail.
- Coordination of account openings for GCM issuers and clients.
- Maintain a strong control framework through daily reconciliations of cash and stock breaks. The candidate must be able to display strong problem solving skills and risk awareness.
- Manage the sales credit attribution process for all GCM activity.
You may also be interested in: