The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This position is located in UNEP India Office in New Delhi. This position is valid for one year with the possibility of extension subject to availability of funds.
The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the India Office and the Asia Pacific Office to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Certification in administration, University Degree in Business or Public Administration are desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Experience: 6 years of experience in programme or project administration, finance, administration or related area. Experience of working with UN organisations or other international organization is desirable. Working experience and knowledge of SAP/Umoja and UN financial rules and regulations is highly desirable.
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Efficient administrative support
- Support to supply and assets management
- Support to administrative and financial control
- Support to common services
- Coordination of Registry and Receptionist functions
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing