ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Academic Librarian / Senior Academic Librarian for SMC Library under Strategic Marketing and Communication. The position is based at ICRISAT Patancheru, Telangana. The Academic Librarian reports primarily to the MEL Specialist of ICARDA and to the Senior Manager Communications & Knowledge Management in Strategic Management & Communication, ICRISAT. She/ he will receive guidance and oversight by the ICARDA Project Monitoring and Knowledge Management Officer.
- Masters in Library and Information sciences or related experience
- At least 5 years of work experience especially in a research institute
- Strong customer–centered approach towards work
- Experience in any Database Management system
- Knowledge of and experience curating knowledge products
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office suites
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Result-oriented mindset, proactive responsiveness, ability to work under pressure and remotely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Affiliations with relevant professional organizations in librarianship.
- Develop and manage collections of books and journals (both paper and electronic), as well as websites;
- Select, acquire and catalogue information using library and information software (ICRISAT/ICARDA publications, following up with scientists on their publications and cataloguing into ICRISAT’s Open Access Repository (OAR) at http://oar.icrisat.org and ICRARDA MEL at https://repo.mel.cgiar.org);
- Create, update and manage electronic and printed information resources (Manage and upload Information in OAR and contribute to development of new features. Manage other library digital platforms such as “InfoSAT and KOHA”);
- Assist researchers with literature searches using databases, printed resources and the internet-based tools;
- Provide information to all indexing agencies for both ICRISAT and ICARDA;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with academic staff and students, as well as external bodies such as suppliers;
- Take on responsibility, in some cases, for archives and update other special collections;
- Deal with user enquiries, which may involve one-on-one advice sessions;
- Keep up to date with developments in the library sector and participate in professional groups or networks;
- Perform other related technical and administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor/s.
How to apply?
Applicants should apply on or before 5 May 2020 via this page, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details, click here.