Applications are invited for the post of Personnel Officer at Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australian Govt, New Delhi.
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Position
This position supports the Human Resources (HR) Manager, and provides general HR administrative and operational support to employees at the High Commission and at a range of other posts in the region including Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Dhaka, Colombo and Kathmandu.
The New Delhi HR team currently provides support to 100 Australia-based (A-based) staff and 400 Locally Engaged Staff (LES).
- Manage recruitment processes across the region, liaise with relevant stakeholders to determine job criteria, shortlist applications, coordinate interviews, and notify successful and unsuccessful applicants.
- Advertise job vacancies using E-recruitment software and other media.
- Manage LES on-boarding processes, organise incoming staff inductions and provide initial briefings to LES on conditions of employment.
- Coordinate A-based staff briefing schedules.
- Organise pre-employment medical and background checks for LES.
- Respond to local and regional queries on employment conditions and policies
- Resolve system related issues for users of E-recruit and leave management systems.
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including medical centres, software providers and local lawyers.
- Undertake audits of HR processes to ensure compliance with relevant policies and controls, and perform quality control checks on HR data.
- Assist with the development and implementation of staff development programs, and provide support to entry-level staff with mandatory training programs
- Provide high-level support to the HR Manager, and manage payroll, medical insurance and separation processes in the absence of the HR Officer.
- Graduate degree in Human Resources (HR). A post-graduate degree in HR is preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in HR and managing recruitment processes.
- The ability to understand, interpret and apply Indian labour laws, and other policies and guidelines.
- High levels of integrity and accountability in decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs and HR software systems.
- Sound written and spoken English and Hindi communication skills.
- Subject to the successful completion of six months probationary period, satisfactory medical check and background verification, the successful applicant/s will be offered a two year contract.
- The successful applicant will be expected to commence duty within one month of being advised of the selection for the position.
INR 49, 166 per month
How to Apply?
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form