Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam invites applications for the post of Media & Public Relations Professional.
The Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is one of the twenty Indian Institutes of Management.
No. of Posts
- A first-class (or equivalent) Graduate degree in any of these: Communications, Marketing Communications, Journalism, Media Studies from a UGC/AICTE recognized institution
- Excellent knowledge of English, Hindi, and Telugu (speaking, reading, and writing)
- More than 5 years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Digital Marketing and/or Media Studies in the English language, of which at least 2 years should be in an independent role managing media and public relations in organizations of repute, preferably higher educational institutions.
- Proven expertise and experience in working with digital and social media platforms.
- Proven experience in dealing with public affairs.
- Demonstrable performance in creative, imaginative, and innovative work.
- Good proficiency in the use of computers especially MS Office tools and Web-design tools and techniques
Not more than 40 years as on closing date of applications.
Terms & Conditions of Appointment
- Reporting: To the Chair – Public Relations Committee. Dotted reporting relationship to Social Media Champion and Chair – Editorial Committee for Institute Publications
- Place of work: IIMV, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Nature of appointment: Contractual
- Tenure: Fixed tenure of one year to begin with. Longer duration contract (typically three years) based on successful and satisfactory performance and conduct. Terminable with one-month notice or compensation in lieu thereof, from either side. No reasons need be stated by either party.
- Designation and Consolidated Compensation: Based on qualifications, proven experience, last pay drawn and, nature and extent of fit with the Institute’s requirements.
|Understanding||Gain a sound understanding of the Institution’s Vision & Mission; Strengths & Stakeholders; Culture & Ethos; Purposes, Principles & Practices; Programs & Research; Outputs & Outcomes|
|Social Media||Maintain and manage social media handles responsibly|
|Advertising & Publicity||Devise and implement creative campaigns towards enhancing the brand and image of the Institute|
|Student Activities||Work with and facilitate showcasing the activities and accomplishments of the students in the media|
|Media Coverage||Ensure good coverage for the activities/events of the Institute, visits by dignitaries, guest/special lectures etc. in the media (local and national; English, Hindi & Telugu)|
|Designing Digital media campaign posters/ flyer||Help activity heads/faculty to bring out academic and executive education program Digital media campaign posters/flyers with attractive designs|
Working knowledge of creative content and web development tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Coraldraw etc. is must.
|Institute Publications||Assist the Institute in documenting and bringing out good quality publications, newsletters, information booklets etc. with creative designs, imaginatively and innovatively|
|Key Stakeholder Contacts||Compile and maintain up-to-date information on key stakeholders (e.g., alumni of the Institute from academic and executive education programs, recruiters etc.) and facilitate/ensure strong networking through regular contacts, interaction/meets|
|Relations with external stakeholders||Deal with public and media representatives, relevant print, broadcast, and online journalists, government and non-government functionaries and ensure Institute’s goodwill and good relations at all times|
|Liaising||Liaise with the representatives or authorities concerned (internal and external to the Institute) and manage public affairs efficiently and effectively|
|Performance Monitoring||Measure and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of various communication initiatives – outlays vs. outputs and outcomes|
Brief journalists as required and draft reactive statements and letters to editors.
|Benchmarking||Benchmark the outputs and outcomes of the Institute on the media/communications front vis-à-vis those of comparable institutions|
Maintain visibility and consistency of the brand.
|Other responsibilities||Carry out such other tasks as may be assigned by the competent authority, to showcase the strengths and performance of the Institute;|
Enhance the image and identity, prestige and popularity, brand and visibility of the Institute as a professional, socially responsible, publicpurpose institution committed to nation-building.
Respond, or ensure that appropriate person(s) respond, to enquiries received from press or public
- Screening for/of:
- Meeting of the eligibility criteria
- The material (publications, newsletters, brochures, papers, articles, books, edited journals, monographs, coffee table books, Digital media campaign posters/flyers etc.) written or produced by the candidate.
- Accomplishments and achievements.
- Shortlisting based on screening
- Presentation by short-listed candidates, followed by interview.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format available here. Applications not conforming to the format are liable to be rejected.
- Filled-in, signed and scanned (pdf/word format) applications should be sent by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No supporting documents (copies evidencing educational qualifications, experience, etc.) are required at this stage.
- Applications should be complete in all respects. Additional sheets as needed may be used and referenced suitably.
- All information furnished MUST be based on supporting documentation (which will be called for, only from short-listed candidates). Incomplete/incorrect/sketchy and unsigned applications are liable to be rejected. Applications received in any other format will not be accepted.
- Applications received after last date and time will not be considered.
- The Institute is not responsible for any delay in submission of the application.
June 17, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Media & Public Relations Professional at IIM Visakhapatnam.
Note: This is a sponsored post.