IITM Pune is in need of bright and talented candidates of Indian Origin from a recognized university for performing the duties of Junior Technical Officer – 01 post (Unreserved Category).
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is an autonomous research organization fully funded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi. It is a premier Institute of national and international repute, devoted to research in various aspects of atmospheric sciences with emphasis on tropical meteorology, particularly on the Climate Change and Indian Monsoon.
A good Master’s degree in Science or a degree in Technology or Engineering or a Diploma in Engineering with about 5 years experience of work in the required discipline.
- Proven Experience with Industry Certified courses on specialization related to Computer/IT, Networking, software etc. Example: Cisco, Redhat, Microsoft certifications.
- Experience in systems and servers administration particularly in Linux environment.
- Experience in management of various servers/software and exposure to various tools and applications.
- Experience in management of LAN, WAN related Networking technologies.
- Experience in administration of network security systems like firewalls, routers, handling of campus wireless network.
- Ability to work in large groups and handling of IT projects.
- Knowledge of HPC Systems would be an added advantage.
To work in development, Maintenance and troubleshooting of Institutes IT related works/services.
Pay Level 7 of 7th CPC, Rs. 44900-142400 and allowances as admissible.
- 30 years as on closing date of application.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe and 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC and as per rules for ex-servicemen and physically handicapped persons. There is no age limit for IITM permanent and Government employees.
How to Apply?
- Aspiring candidates may submit their applications along with CV online.
- Facility of submitting online application will commence on 22.12.2020 at 03:00 pm and close on 15.02.2021 at 05:00 pm.
- After submitting the online application, candidate must send the hard copy to the Administrative officer along with all necessary documents on the below-mentioned address by indicating name of the post applied for and should reach the Administrative officer on or before 23.02.2021.
- The envelope, containing complete application, should be super-scribed as “Application for the post of “Junior Technical Officer –for IITM”.
- Applicants working in Government/ Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel. If application is not routed through proper channel, then the applicant must produce the requisite ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of Interview.
Feb 15, 2021
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan,
Pune- 411008, INDIA
For more details, click the link below.