The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar or IIT-RPR, is an engineering, science and technology higher education institute located in Rupnagar, Punjab, India
1. Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in the DST-SERB sponsored project entitled “In Situ Probing of Intermolecular Interactions at Buried Polymer Nanocomposite Aqueous Interfaces by Sum Frequency Generation Vibrational Spectroscopy for Biofouling Application”. The position is temporary and is available immediately. The selected candidate may be permitted to register for PhD program as per the existing institute norms.
- No. of Posts: 01
- MSc in Physics or relevant research areas (Minimum 60 % or CGPA 6.5; 55% for SC/ST)
- GATE or CSIR-UGC NET Qualified
- Emoluments: As per DST norms (JRF fellowship shell be Rs.31000/- per month for first two years and Rs.35000/- per month for third year onwards).
- Duration: 3 years or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier. However, after every year, the progress of the candidate will be reviewed.
- Desirable Candidate: We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a background in physics, ideally knowledge on polymer nanocomposites, Laser Spectroscopy, Polymer-based device fabrication. We offer excellent research working conditions with state-of-the-art research infrastructure in a highly motivated and dynamic environment at the forefront of research.
Candidates have to submit the filled-in application form, updated CV and original and attested photocopies of mark sheets/ certificates in support of their academic qualifications at the following mail id firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be submitted on the 8th of June by 5 pm.
Date of interview: Tuesday 9th June 2020.
Reporting Time: 9.00 AM (Tuesday), an online platform like google meet/skype etc. would be used.
Address: Department of Physics, IIT Ropar, Nangal Road, Rupnagar-140 001, Punjab, India
For more details, click here.
2. Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in a DST Project number IMP/2018/000216 , with the titled, ‘ Micro green roofing.’
- No. of Posts: 01
- Qualifications: Master’s degree in Agriculture Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering or equivalent (with GATE/NET score) OR Master’s degree in Plant Science/Horticulture/Crop Physiology/Botany / Agriculture/ Farm management (with a valid GATE/NET score)
- Duration: 2 years or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier. However, the progress of the candidate shall be reviewed in a regular interval for further extension.
- Emoluments: Rs. 31000/-+HRA per month for 2 years and Rs. 35000/- per month and for 3 rd year and beyond in case the same JRF converts into a regular research scholar. Hostel and mess facilities may be provided on payment basis, if available or HRA.
- Good hands-on experience on agriculture and rooftop gardening. Good knowledge of automation. Some knowledge of CAD modelling and analysis of experiments.
- The candidate would be involved in the design and development of rooftop gardening, solar, and automation. Extensive fieldwork is involved.
The applicants must send the following documents latest by June 20, 2020, through an e-mail to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A one page cover letter describing background and motivation
- Curriculum Vitae with complete qualification and experience detail
- Soft copy of all degree certificates
- Proof of NET/GATE qualification, if applicable
The shortlisted candidates shall be called for the online interview. The position is subject to the release of fund by DST.
For further details, click here.