National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (also known as NIT Trichy or NITT), formerly called as Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli, is a public engineering and research institution near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu, India. Founded in 1964, it is one of the oldest institutions of the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) system.
1. Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals only for Project Position as per the details given below for DST sponsored research project under the principal investigator Dr. rer. nat. Somenath Garai, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli-620015, Tamil Nadu.
- Title of the Project: Boosting The H2-Economy By Harnessing The Beauty Of Encapsulation Chemistry.
- Qualifications: M.Sc. in Chemistry with valid NET/GATE qualification/score.
- Emoluments: Rs. 31,000/- per month + 16% HRA
- Duration: Maximum 3 Years.
Candidates desiring to appear for the interview should submit their applications with the necessary documents like the DOB Proof; Academic Mark-sheets & Certificates; NET/GATE Certificate; Caste/EWS Certificate (if any) & M.Sc. Project Summary (1 Page only) as a single pdf to Dr S. Garai, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli-620015, Tamil Nadu through registered post or e-mail (sgarai[at]nitt.edu).
Application Deadline: Jan 28, 2020
For more details, click here.
2. Engineer Trainee
Applications are invited from bright young candidates for the post of Engineer Trainee (temporary) for maintaining and operating the Fatigue Testing machine.
- Qualifications: B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with First Class
- Experience/ Preference:
- Prior experience in Mechanical Testing/Welding is preferred.
- Basic knowledge in Fatigue/welding is desirable.
- Emoluments: Rs. 14,835/-
- Duration: 6 Months
The candidates interested in the above post may apply in the prescribed application form with complete information and attachments (copy of certificates /documents) and send the same by post to:
Dr T. RAMESH / Dr N. SIVA SHANMUGAM
Associate Professor (s) & Laboratory in charge (s)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
Tiruchirappalli – 620 015
Please write “Application for the post of Engineer Trainee (temporary)” on top of the cover. A copy of the filled-in application form (without any attachments of documents) can be sent by email to mtl[at]nitt.edu.
Application Deadline: Jan 30, 2020
For more details, click here.
3. Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) post for SERB sponsored research project titled “RFID based wireless sensors for surface crack monitoring” in the Department of Instrumentation & Control Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
- B.E/B.Tech in circuit branches (ECE/EEE/EIE/ICE/BME, etc.,) with first class from recognized University/ Institute. AND M.E/ M.Tech in Communication Systems/ Control/ Instrumentation/Non Destructive Testing/Applied Electronics/ Biomedical and other related branches with first class from recognized University/ Institute.
- Post Graduate Degree in the professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR – UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Salary: Rs. 31,000 per month
- Duration: 2 years
- Age Limit: Preferably 30 years (In the exceptional case, the age may be relaxed for experienced/deserving candidates)
Duly filled application along with copy of relevant supporting documents to be sent through email: geethac[at]nitt.edu on or before 04th February 2020 and one hard copy along with relevant supporting documents to be send to Dr Geetha C, Assistant Professor, Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu by post to reach on or before 07th February 2020 by 5.00 p.m. mentioning on the cover “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF JRF- ICE DEPT.”
Application Deadline: Feb 4, 2020