Punjab Remote Sensing Centre (PRSC), an autonomous organization under the Department of Agriculture, Government of Punjab, is the apex body in the State for all Remote Sensing (RS), Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) related works. It is designated as a Nodal Agency by the Govt.
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under Department of Science and Technology (DST)-Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) funded project entitled “Modelling the effects of landuse changes on soil organic carbon dynamics using geospatial technology” at Punjab Remote Sensing Centre, Ludhiana, Punjab. The Selection Process includes short listing of candidates followed by Written/Practical and Skill Test.
Postgraduate degree in Remote Sensing and GIS/ Geoinformatics/ Geospatial Technology (or related subjects) along with CSIR-UGC NET/GATE OR Postgraduate degree in Remote Sensing and GIS/Geoinformatics/Geospatial Technology (or related subjects) along with the proof of selection process (or admission) in the Postgraduate course through National Level Examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- Postgraduate degree with specialization in Soil Science
- Proficiency in GIS and Image Processing Software’s
- Experience in interpretation of data and writing reports/papers in peer reviewed journals
Rs 31,000 + HRA
Not more than 37 years on the date of interview. Additional 5 years in case of SC/ST/BC/PHC with due supporting certificate and attested as per rules.
It is mandatory for all candidates to deposit a non refundable fee Rs.800/- by cash or Demand Draft (in favour of Director, Punjab Remote Sensing Centre payable at Ludhiana) must be deposited in the office of Punjab Remote Sensing Centre, PAU Campus Ludhiana-141004 on or before the date of test/Selection by 9.30 A.M. to be eligible for selection process starting at 10.00 AM.
How to Apply?
- The filled-in application forms along with one set of attested copies of degrees, certificates, one passport size photographs should reach to us by email/post as per specified against the post above.
- Mode of submission of applications: By Post and official Email: email@example.com. PRSC is not responsible for any delays and late submission such applications will not be considered and summarily rejected.
- Date of submission of application by specified email or post: 7th May 2020
- Date of Interview: 14th May 2020 10:00 a.m. onwards
For further details, click here.