The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar or IIT-RPR is an engineering, science and technology higher education institute located in Rupnagar, Punjab, India. It is one of the eight newer Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 to expand the reach and enhance the quality of technical education in the country.
Applications are invited from the Indian nationals for the following position to work in the project entitles “Modelling and control of crystal size and shape distributions in ultrasound assisted crystallization” under the supervision of undersigned. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to engage in a wide range of activities such as the development of experimental setups, conducting experiments and theoretical/numerical analysis. It will also be possible for the selected candidate to apply for the PhD Program as per existing institute rules.
No. of Position
The applicant meets at least one of the following two criteria:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical engineering and Master degree in an allied discipline with good academic record with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (or 65% marks)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical engineering (4-year program) with a minimum of 75 per cent marks/7.5 CPI with valid GATE score except for graduates from IITs with a minimum CGPA of 8.0.
- Good knowledge of subjects of Heat and Mass Transfer and Numerical Methods in Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Computational methods
- Good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to do multi-task, effectively.
Initially for a period of 1 year (May be extended based on the performance)
Rs. 25,000/- per month
How to Apply?
The applicant must send the following documents, as a single PDF file, ASAP through an email to pswati[at]iitrpr.ac.in
- Completely filled application form available here.
- Detailed CV with contact information of 2 references (email and contact number included)
- 1-page ‘Statement of purpose’ (stating personals goals and research interests)
- Soft copies of all degree certificates and transcripts.
The email must have the subject line: “Application for the post of JRF (Contract)”.
Nov 3, 2019
Principal Investigator: Dr Swati A Patel